Thursday, June 4, 2009

Geez, Can I Catch A Break Here

Yikers, I need to get a break from frustration, misery, bug bites - you name it - this week I seem to have been near brinked. Near on the 'Brink Of Diaster' - that is an old Lesley Gore song.

Noisemaker required assistance today with the wood splitter. I accomodated. We were working along, side by side, doing very well and then suddenly something flipped into my eye. We stopped immediately and raced into the abode. Of course and naturally, we cannot see anything. I can only feel it. It could be a bug, a small piece of wood. Who knows?

Tomorrow is my eye doctor appointment - what great timing! I know I will require new glasses.

It flutters me to think with new glasses, just how great is Bruce Springsteen going to look!

In later years, I anticipate a hearing aid, just how great is John Prine going to be!

And, then there is Neil - Neil Young.

Alas, they should all come to see me
Play on the mountain side
Will sing and touch
The green, green grass of home

Oh, but could you all wait for awhile. Our surrounding forests are burning up, we can see the smoke, the smoke from the fire has filled our air.

John Prine - it will all be gone, hopefully, by August. Feel free to depart from Tennessee and come to the land where you can perhaps catch a few fish. Noisemaker caught many last weekend. Do not worry, if you come to the side of the mountain - John, Fionna, and family; and the Bed and Breakfast places are full - I'd set you right up here in the camper - I called it
The Naj Mahal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...