Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ouch!

I was out early this morning around 6 a.m. and met up with a neighborette of mine from down the road. We spoke, talked about the neighborhood, how folks were doing. I mentioned I had not seen the fellow, Will, in quite some time. She explained to me, Will has cancer of the tongue and throat. They give him just less than two months to live. With treatment maybe just under two years. The treatment factor is hell on earth, he would not be able to speak or eat - everything will be tubes. She was quite certained, he will be opting for no treatment and to spend the rest of his days, here.

I only met the fellow a couple of times and the times were not good, he was stealing from me and I caught him in the act. Still, I do not wish hard times for Will. It is painful for him and he did not have any money to get the medication bills paid. Because time was crucial, the ladies auxiliary of my community donated $500.00 to cover his medication.

I belong to the ladies auxiliary but the motion was passed at a meeting I could not attend. We were off to the noisemakers' appointment. The ladies auxiliary here does great work, I am glad to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...