Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Long Monday

Great Mother of God - we had a major wind storm blow through the region yesterday. The wind took down several trees with one hitting the power line. We were without power for near 15 hours. I do not like being without power. When we lose power, we have no water. Thank god for having a creek, a bbq, and a noisemaker.

Lydia did not hold up well in the wind storm, she landed in the neighbors' yard. My potted up, drugged up neighbor, Chris found her this morning. Yep, 6:30 a.m. I see him strolling down the drive with Lydia in one hand and a beer in the other. I could not help but laugh. Later I repaired Lydia and last I checked she was still standing.

"...but dreaming just comes natural
like the first breath from a baby
like sunshine feeding daisies
like the love hidden deep in your heart..."
Donald and Lydia - John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...