Sunday, April 5, 2009

Would You Like To Learn To Dance?

One of the most beautiful songs ever written.

Would You Like To Learn To Dance - Steve Goodman

Would you like to learn to dance
Well I can show you that
Got a book here with all you need to know
We can draw the Arthur Murray patterns
right here on the floor
and all you have to do is follow
Then we'll dance around the room a while
You can lead now if you want to, I don't mind
Nothin' I wouldn't do to see a smile
go dancing cross your face in perfect time

Would you like to learn to sing
Well I can teach you that
here's an old tune that's good for a start;
you can sing all the high parts
if you really try and I'll play along
the tune on my guitar
Then we'll sing together
for a little while,
let the harmony go
ringing in your mind
and you sing so much better
when you sing with a smile
and all the notes come out
so sweet and high

Would you like to learn to love
Well that's something else again
I can show you how to sing
and smile and dance
oh I have no keys to open your heart
and no way to make you
take the chance, and so we'll dance
around the room again and sing a
tune or two to pass the time
and smile a lot, and if you
really want to,
we can try a little lovin';
I don't mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...