Monday, March 2, 2009

John Prine Pendant - Long Monday ~ Milwaukee

Long Monday
Created and Made by Charlene Stevenson
Madison, Wisconsin
Inspired by Long Monday - John Prine

Too funny, I have to had email Charlene four or five times, please send me what this is in relation to a John Prine song. I just kept drawing blanks, she replied. I even wrote it down on a paper, lost the paper.

Long Monday - I got it - twofold - today. My husband and his son just left for the hospital. I hope all goes well and Gary will be admitted, have the surgery, and come back home. I have had some folks inquire why I did not go. When you live rural - you have to keep the fire going. I am keeping the fire going.

This Friday, John Prine concerts in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Of course, Charlene will be there swinging her John Prine pendants, new boots on her feet, and some sort of a new t-shirt. Crusher will be there. I think he has reservations or such for near 45 folks. Rumbleshorts will be in attendance. It is a very exciting time for Prine Fans. I will be there also joining my Canadian polecat, Skunkeye. We will be there in spirit and mind.

"You and me
Sitting in the back of my memory
Like a honeybee
Buzzin' 'round a glass of sweet Chablis...

It's gonna be a long Monday
Sittin' all alone on a mountain
By a river (creek) that has no end
It's gonna be a long Monday
Stuck like the tick of a clock
That's come unwound again"
~John Prine~

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...