Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Big Black Horse And The Cherry Tree - K.T.Tunstall

On Tuesday night, I watch a television program called Wild Horses. It is filmed in and around Calgary, Alberta. It is a good show, I enjoy it. I also enjoy the music that is on the show. The theme song to the show is a damn good song. It is titled BIG BLACK HORSE AND THE CHERRY TREE by K. T. Tunstall. (see http://www.kttunstall.com/music/) from the cd Eye To The Telescope

Big Black Horse And The Cherry Tree

My heart knows me better than I know myself
So I'm gonna let it do all the talking
I came across a place in the middle of nowhere
With a big black horse and a cherry tree

I felt a little fear upon my back
I said don't look back just keep on walking
But the big black horse said look this way
He said, 'hey lady will you marry me?'

But I said, no no
You're not the one for me

My heart hit a problem in the early hours
So I stopped it dead for a beat or two
But I cut some cord and I shouldn't have done it
And it won't forgive me after all these years

So I sent to a place in the middle of nowhere
With a big black horse and a cherry tree
But it won't come back coz it's oh so happy
And now I've got a hole for the world to see

It said no no
You're not the one for me
Big black horse and a cherry tree
I can't quite get there coz my hearts' forsaken me

2 comments:

  1. I was reading this and thinking - I know this song - I really like it...when I realized that there actually is a 'Redrocks Counter' in your upper left corner here! I didn't know you were literally doing the countdown for us! Does that ever make me smile - 79 days, 8 hours, and 36 minutes from now - we'll be in our seats....or out of them applauding! Thanks Bev - this is too good - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of did it backwards...however, the Countdown post is below the song. I get such a kick out of it! I look at the days counting down and think skunkeye and cc - Redrocks - Big Wow! Big Prine Wow!

    ReplyDelete

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...