Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Letter 'M'

Thank you, for coming to visit my site and being a follower. I never had followers in my life, I guess that is because I am on the short side and people, simply, cannot see me.

Today I awoke with the letter 'M' in mind. I dreamed of my Mom and opals, now that is a great way to start ones' day off. As if 'by magic or remote control' Milwaukee popped in. John Prine will be visiting Milwaukee on March 6th. He will probably play one of my favorite songs which was written in the midwest for the midwest - Storm Windows. I know of some folks going to see John Prine in Milwaukee. To me, to see John Prine in concert in Wisconsin or Kentucky - that is the ultimate John Prine concert. I would be so proud - well, I would be proud anytime I get to see John Prine in concert.

I met John Prine, once - yes - me! I did. August 5th, 2005. Vancouver, British Columbia. Oh, he was such a gentleman and I was so excited. I leaped at the poor man with arms open wide. All the while, I was thinking oh Johnny and I wanted to do my simple little wave. I could barely speak because I was being lured into 'god, is this happening to me'. However, I did not buckle, I babbled and we shook hands twice, hugged twice, and I got his autograph. He thanked me! I was so proud. I will post his autograph as being the fan I am, I took a picture of it.

For those who come to visit me, if you would like to know/learn/visit other Priners/Prinettes - where John Prine is playing - please visit here - http://www.jpshrine.org/.

Note to California - yes, Eboni - John Prine will be concerting in Southern California. I believe he has 4/5 concerts there - Beverly Hills is one. (Checking my calendar - San Diego, Bakersfield, Sacremento and San Fransico), in April - Bunny Time!

Today, we went to the village and I purchased a muffin tin - a special muffin tin. 1 1/4" size, you can bake special, decorative cupcakes and tarts that are bite size. I find out later, the grocery store does not carry the paper liners - like hello folks - you peddle the baking pan but do not carry the liners! Geez, it just makes you scratch your head. So, I call up to see the Manager and told him; 'if you are going to sell the pan - sell the liners! I was not irate with him, I just could not see the logic in all.

I must mention, Bruce Springsteen. The hunk has a new cd out - Working on A Dream. Geez, ain't we all working on something. Bruce is out there Working on a Dream, John is out there working on trying to get to Canada, and I am here working on how to get off the side of the mountain to see both. I do not believe any of us three will require a bail out, so the government of our lands need not reply.

Last but not least, when it comes to the 'M' word - it is memories. In 2003, my Dad died. I received a shirt which I had just purchased for him on Fathers' Day. I had been keeping that shirt forever and I decided the other day I should make something. I cut up some of my old denims, the shirt, and a blanket and made some memory coasters.

"...memories they can't be boughten, can't be won at a carnival for free..." ~John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...