Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Barkerville Five - Part Two

Here we are one day last week.  Ali was somewhat alert and talkative.  Then she slipped into deep morphine sleep.  She awakes 3 days later, rings on up the nurse.  Nurse comes in and Ali says to her, come on - I need food, apple juice, f word - give me anything now!

Today, we went to visit her.  Her husband brought us a bottle of wine - to which we drank - did cheers - oh, it was great fun.  Ali was back to Ali.  She understood her circumstances and told us...yes, I may not be going back home, but f that, we are here now so Cheers - and Cheers we did!

She had a good breakfast and lunch.  Sometimes, folks rebound for the last call.  I hope this is not Alis' last call. 

Photo is Jo, yours truly, Ali, Karin, and Deb.  We had a great time.

All The Best, my friends, All The Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...