Tuesday, July 12, 2016

John Prine ~ Vancouver ~ 2016.07.09

John Prine - Vancouver, B.C.  2016.07.09
Photo Credit - Fiona Whelan Prine

Holy Prine Smucksville, I had a great time at the concert.  Excellent, perfect - I could not have asked for anything more.

I had some songs in mind that I thought I would like to hear him sing and much to my delight he sang near all of them.  Yeppers, I had to just yell on out hey, hey, Johnny!

John started the concert off with a Merle Haggard tune - Ramblin' Fever.  I thought to myself....oh this is going to be a great concert.

The highlight songs for me were - Saddle In The Rain (extended version), Sins of Memphisto, Chain of Sorrow, Storm Windows and You Got Gold.  The crowd very much enjoyed Illegal Smile.

Jason Wilber and David Jacques were both outstanding along side John Prine.

I met some new Prine fans and some old Prine fans.  I spoke to about eight people who, this John Prine concert, was their first John Prine concert.  They were all highly impressed with John.

All in all, Prine ~ Vancouver ~ Excellent (***** five starts)
Thank You, Mr. Prine


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...