Thursday, February 4, 2016

John Prine - Fish & Whistle 2016 Tour

Here we go, Folks.  John Prine Fish & Whistle 2016 Tour.  

2016.07.09 ~ Vancouver, B.C.

Got my ticket and I am so looking forward to getting off the mountain to Prine.  

After I got my ticket business done on the presale, I was so happy with myself...I had never done that before.

I started then to check into accommodation.  Holy smucksville, did my eyes near exploded out of my head as near my brain did.  I knew Vancouver was explosive with housing prices, I did not take into consideration hotel prices would be the same.

I was near to sell off my ticket, I cannot afford a hotel room in Vancouver.  I checked out the Bed and Breakfast situation.  Lordy, all are near located outside of the venue region.  Once the concert is over, I am in the dark in downtown Vancouver trying to travel 20 miles.  It will not happen.

I voiced my opinion to a Prine acquaintance of mine.  I said I am near to sell off my ticket, I cannot afford the hotel Vancouver, hotel anything in downtown.  My acquaintance said, you can stay with my wife and I.  We have a home, we can concert together.  This is so Prine people, that is what Prine people do.

Good Prine Smucksville, if Prine ever came to the mountain side, I would accomodate all my Prine friends.  I would bake until the cows came through...and yes, they do.

I do feel this will be this last time I will Prine, Vancouver.  I cannot see John coming back - he usually does Vancouver every 4 years or so.  He will be 74 by that time, as will my Noisemaker.  I tend to think after the John Prine ~ Fish & Whistle 2016 Tour, John may settle for a few years, reflect - perhaps catch a few fish with Fiona.  

After that a spark will ignite and he'll think to himself...I want to road again...before you know it you will have Ladies and Gentlemen - please welcome  - John Prine, Bruce Springsteen, and Neil Young!  Could you imagine!

To note for Prine - Vancouver ~ the t-shirt posted on the back does say - Vancouver, B.C. 

I'll be Prinein'

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...