Saturday, July 18, 2015

John Prine - Vancouver, British Columbia

An Open Letter to John Prine 

Dear John - I hope you and yours are in good health and spirits.  With your eternal fan base to which I am one, I do wish to make a request.

Granted, I understand you could never make it to the mountain side to where I live - enjoy fishing and my fine home cooking - lol.  But geez, could you get to Vancouver in 2016?  

I PAW (Prine at Will) and recently I played your music/songs for our new seasonal neighbor folks who reside in a suburb of Vancouver.  I loaned on up to Pyro (that is not his name, but a nickname I gave to him), some cds of yours.  He knew of you and enjoyed the cds.  Upon our next visit Pyro asked me ...does John come to Vancouver...I replied - oh yes and he is due in 2016.  Generally, John you do come to Vancouver every four years.

Pyro says to me he and his partner, Wendy would come to Vancouver - Bev - could you meet us there?  Was there ever any doubt!  

There is nothing Prine finer than going to a Prine concert with who folks who Prine.

Now I will sit a spell and I will not fall off my perch.  But eh, Johnny - we will see you in 2016.  I'll bake!

Thanks 
Truly Prineing
A. Fan


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...