Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lydia

Lydia loves her new wagon...and so do I.  What a bargain I found at a garage sale on Sunday.

Lydia now tells me she would like Donald to trip and fall on into the wagon.  I replied to her, Lydia - I think the Donald is a thing of a realm to be forgotten.  I leaned on my left leg and spoke words only the Lyd would understand...
Lydia - Donald will always be in your mind and heart.  He is a fixture.  Like I made you Lydia, a fixture - strong, full of love, and happiness.

...but dreaming just comes natural...like the first breath from a baby...like sunshine feeding daisies...like the love hidden deep in your heart.

Donald and Lydia
John Prine

I love my Dear Lydia, I love the words and music of John Prine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...