Sunday, February 8, 2015

Spurtles


The Spurtle

Oh my, this tool has so many uses.  Stews, soups, and any homemade cooking can use a spurtle or two.  Sometimes when I am in the kitchen I pretend I am in concert and leading a fine orchestra, I am the conductorette!  Spurtles abound!

With my new hobby of knitting I came across another use for the good old spurtle.  When needing to have another hand/arm and you do not but your yarn needs to be in ball formation.  Simply place the yarn skein on the spurtle, place the spurtle in between your between feet and whip up your yarn like there is no tomorrow.  


Everyone should have a Spurtle or two!






No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...