Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Noismaker

My Noisemaker has made it through his surgery and is on the road to recovery. He will be up and about, a short walk is scheduled for today.  Hopefully, he will return home on Thursday or Friday for sure.  No complications are anticipated, but one never knows.

I cannot emphasize enough how important it is that men have a PSA test done, it is a simple blood test.  You women folk out there; tell your guy buds to please have this test done - your boyfriends, brothers, uncles, husbands, - just tell everyone - spread the word.  It can save a life.  For certain, the early detection from Noisemakers' doctor has saved his life.  

I am really enjoying my 'peace' time.  I was on youtube yesterday, endless hours.  There is no television yapping in my ear, there is only peace.  I find the darkness hours a bit trying but I am plodding on. 

Today I baked and baked.  I wanted to have some goodies for Greg (my step-son) to take back for the grandkids.  They love Grammas' baking.  I baked two honey pecan loaves and about sixty spice/butterscotch cookies.  I had bacon/mushroom roll ups already frozen - so it's a delightful care package all will enjoy!

It will not be an easy time for my Noisemaker when he arrives home, however, he is better off here at home than laid up in a hospital.

To my friends, acquaintances, my Prine friends (god, you folks are so special), I sincerely would like to thank each and everyone of you for your kind, caring, words - your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.

Noisemaker, Noisemaker
you have no complaint
you are what you are
and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster
and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck
and knocking on wood...
john prine - dear abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...