Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ode To Blog

I have enjoyed very much to write on this blog, but I do miss including photos.  I have researched what it is they want me to do and I am not in favor of it.  I do have a choice of words to which I would like to write but I won't.  Be it as it may; I am also researching to opt for a place where pictures do not require the downloading of identities unknown...giggle, giggle.


I hope everyone had a Happy Hearts Day~ah the day for sweethearts.  I made cupcakes.  Vanilla cupcakes with strawberry shortcake icing - geez, they were good.  I tell you those Duncan Hines Frosting Creations packs are great - full of flavor and easy to work with.  I took some cupcakes over for my neighbor, Gary B., and also to the ladies auxiliary of my community.  All were delighted ~ warmed my heart ~ that was my valentine.


Now my Noisemaker, he was scheduled to go out of town for 10 days - yeppers (can you believe that) 10 days.  This was planned back in early January and I was delighted in the fact that I could be on my own and make noise (music) while he would be away.  Unfortunately, the gods were not working with me as now my Noisemaker will not be going out of town but staying home. 


I had days planned and my first day the 28th of February was going to be my Luke Day!  Everyone should have days like that.  A Luke Day, a Prine Day - you get the day gist.  The 28th of February - my friend, Naj - her daughter and husband will be in attendance at a Luke Bryan concert in Fargo.  Good heavenly days - could you imagine.  I had plans of Lukeing right along with them.


Then, I would have a John Prine day.  I would sing and dance to my hearts' content.


A Bruce Springsteen day...oh my...I truly did have High Hopes!


I was going to clean house and dance.  Watch CMT and buy a box of beer!  Now, not to be. 


A part of me was very sad.  I was looking forward to hauling in wood, doing that (many curse words) woodstove fire to keep the home warm, wondering if I would fall asleep...  Doing dishes whenever, doing anything whenever. . . but for now it will not be.


However, my mind is active.  It Prines', it Youngs' and it Springsteens'.  I love it on days when I get the three all rollin' up there at the same time.  It is pure JOY! 


...let my soul roll on up to the Rochester dam
because it is just another roll of the dice and some would think let's
roll another number for the road...





No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...