Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Few Days On The Mountain Side

My neighbor down the road from me is healing on up from a recent operation.  I made him up a baking treat tray filled with yummy yummies.  In his care package, I put homemade chicken noodle soup, a crossword book, and the baking treat tray.  I get to take it over for him on Saturday morning when finally he is able to accept company and do some fine lip flappin'.
 
Some more baking - chocolate fudge cupcakes with white chocolate raspberry frosting and sprinkles.  I made these yesterday for our annual ladies auxiliary Christmas party.  They were a big hit, the ladies loved them.  I had little Santa pick faces that I placed in each cupcake to jazz them up in the spirit of Christmas.
 
In the spirit of Christmas, here is the prize I won last night at the Christmas party.  A beautiful basket (it looked really nice before I opened it up), filled with tons of stuffola.  Chocolates, two scarves, a butterfly, a polar fleece blanket, cute little stuff for the kitchen - a really nice prize, indeed.  The Christmas party is always great fun for us ladies ~ we eat (lots), we drink (lots) and sing our hearts out.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...