Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Homegrown Tomatoes - the end. . .

ah, the end is nearing, the leaves are falling
my salsa recipe is calling. . .
 
A bountiful crop of homegrown tomatoes I have received this year - five tomato plants were grown from seed.  Can I say, I am proud! 
 
Cherokee Purple, delicious.  Brandywine and Beefsteak - tomatoesville delight!
 
Salsa making tomorrow.  Never have I made fresh salsa before - and never have I found a recipe to be able to freeze. 
 
There is nothing like a homegrown tomato.  You pick, you eat - you sing - Paradise, John Prine!
 
I am enjoying these moments on the mountain side - they are tomato special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...