Friday, September 6, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen - Welcome - The Prine Brothers

Photo Credit - Billy Prine
 
A young Billy and Johnny Prine - Maywood, Illinois - 1958 or so...
 
Billy has such spunk in his smile.  His right hand clenched to his perfectly ironed pants. 
 
On the other hand, our young Johnny seems to very relaxed in this young photo shoot. 
 
Billy, today shades Johnny in the height factor.
 
The first time I saw John Prine in Vancouver in the late 70's...this tall fellow came to sit in a row in front of me.  Yes, I was in row 5.  He waddled along and raised his knee proceeding to sit - I wondered what was that patch on his leg - so I asked him...he replied - Backstage Pass.
 
To the front row of us sat Billy Prine and the first wife of John Prine - Anne Prine.  It was a family affair. 
 
My start of toe tappin began. . .
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...