Sunday, July 28, 2013

Poppies

My pink poppy has a new friend today, a red poppy.  The picture does not do the flowers justice, they are really beautiful.  I was so happy when I came home today to find a new addition.
 
Unfortunately, I have to report a lone deer came to have breakfast today on my beet tops!  Holy Smucksville, I was not a happy camper when I saw the leftovers. 
 
Other than that, my lil bit of a container garden is coming along really good.  I am surprised what I can grow from containers.  Homegrown tastes so delicious and so fresh compared to store bought produce.  I cannot wait to see what my tomato plants will produce.  Nothing like homegrown tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...