Saturday, May 4, 2013

She Has Risen

My Dearest Lydia, isn't she a catch!
 
Lydia is certain Donald will be coming around sometime this summer. 
 
I have to say, looking at Lydia - well, I sometimes just have to stop and giggle.  Sit a spell and then giggle some more.
 
I was not happy with the building of Lydia's head, but eh, it has not fallen off nor has it blown off in the wind.  I was really hoping to deck her out in the latest, sexiest summer fashions.  We discussed it in detail and Lydia said that she is more comfortable in jeans and a flannel than she would be in the trends of the day.  My word, she is a practical gal, indeed.
 
Lydia hid her thoughts like a cat
Behind her small eyes sunk deep in her fat
She read romance magazines up in her room
And felt just like Sunday on Saturday afternoon
...John Prine... ~ Donald and Lydia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...