Friday, March 1, 2013

Derek Sanderson - Crossing The Line & Neil Young - Waging Heavy Peace

I would never have dreamed in my life time, I could be posting about two Canadian fellows.  Derek Sanderson and Neil Young.

I recently have read the bible of Neil and Crossing The Line of Derek.  Wow - I am so glad they both have lived through the ordeal with drugs and those other items that do cross the line.

I was raised in Northern British Columbia.  Hockey Night in Canada was a ultimate stop on Saturday night in our home.  My Mom loved hockey.  She loved Bobby Orr - always said, Bobby is a team player, he knows the game.  Between her and my brother -- well, they knew it all!

In reading both books, I can relate - I am Canadian.  I cannot relate to either issues with drugs.  I am certain drugs/booze/pills put Derek on a pedestal he knew he would fall from.  Derek had secure, loving parents.  Neil did too, in a different fashion/style.

It was a treasure to receive both books as gifts.  I will treasure them forever.  

Neil Young, Derek Sanderson - eh.

Ever heard of that Prine guy?  lol ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...