Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Derek Sanderson - Crossing The Line

oh teehee, I actually made this picture bigger, because many times Derek would skate up near the boards and it would be a blur. . .locks of hair - and as noted in the picture - eyes on the puck.
 
I am very pleased, so far, with reading Crossing The Line - I knew I would be.  Derek Sanderson with Kevin Shea writes not only about Dereks' years in the NHL (et al), but mentions Dereks' country, Canada - several times.  That makes me proud, I have such good company at my kitchen table.
 
I was pleased to read (and giggle) - they write a line on Neil Young on page 164.  It is in reference to Scott Young (Neil's father).  Also, Linda Ronstadt is mentioned along with several women in Dereks' past.  Yes, he did lead a very fast life, on the ice and off the ice. 
 
Way To Go, Derek!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...