Monday, January 21, 2013

The Spurtle

Everyone should have a spurtle.  One of the most useful, versatile utensils I own.  Noisemaker bought me one a few years ago and recently purchased more because I like them so much.  Tons of uses for a spurtle - soups, stews, and if you are like me you invent ways - like magic, a magic wand.  Or you can be a band leader, a conductor. 
 
The spurtle is a Scottish porridge stir stick.  We purchase Spurtles from www.leevalley.com - they are made from maple wood and no kitchen should be without one.  Great stocking stuffers for christmas, great gift anytime of year.
 
  I oil my spurtles with circa1897 - that too is a great product!  All my wooden utensils/cutting board, etc. I oil with circa1897. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...