Saturday, January 26, 2013

Icicle ~ Prine!

Our seasonal neighbors' home, roof problems indeed!  The icicle is near 4 feet long, god knows what spring will bring...
 
This morning when I went out to the porch to sit on my perch (as I always do around 4:30 a.m/5:00 a.m.), I was watching the moon.  It was near to going down and I thought of the words of John Prine...'one long day and now the moon is down'. 
 
There I am sitting on my perch, drinking my coffee, smoking my cigarette and a big giggle comes upon me.  I have scared any wild animals for five miles.  I thought of other John Prine songs with 'down' in the song.
 
Here is what I came up with on my perch on the porch...
...the moon is down
...way down
...but don't get down on yourself
...down by the side of the road
 
I wonder who will get the snow drift in what I am writing...
 
...leaves were falling in colors red and gold
...down by the green river
...black clouds shifting orange as they go passing by
...one red rose in the bible
 
I am thinking maybe I have way too much time on my hands, but then again, time was once just a clock to me...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...