Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

Holy smucksville, it is so quiet in the house at the moment, you could hear a pin drop.  Noisemaker is out in the tool shed.  I have my turkey in the oven, vegetables peeled, and now I came to sit a spell.

Tonights' menu is fairly simple - turkey, potatoes, brussel sprouts, gravy and my homegrown tomatoes!  I am hoping to make a turkey/dumpling stew later on in the week.  I tried dumplings before and good grief, even my dog would not eat them.  They were as hard as rocks.  I shall look for a recipe today and see what I can come up with.  Neighbor Gary B. brought fresh homeground turnips over for us, I love turnips in stews or soup.

Another beautiful autumn day on the mountain side.  This is unusual for this time of year, good lord, generally we have snow flying.  I am loving this, do you know we still have butterflies; lots of them.

I have a Prine Telephone Bucket List and yesterday I was able to stratch one name off the list - Amy Mullins.  Oh my, what a pleasure it was to speak with her.  Her voice was just as I expected it to sound, cheerful.  I hope one day all my Prine friends will meet; geez - that would be mega holy smucksville!  There does seem to be a general basic line with Prine people.  You all start off with one thing in common John Prine, you build from there.  I have met some great people through John Prine.  It all just brings a big smile to my face and warms my heart.  A good thing to give thanks for - Happy Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...