Friday, October 26, 2012

Rudy

no, this is not Rudy - but Rudy owns him.
 
Rudy, was once our woodman - he was clearing his acres of land and we were fortunate to purchase some of his wood.
 
Rudy, a true cowboy gentleman owns a buffalo ranch located about 50 miles south of our home.  It is quite a site to behold, those buffalo are huge.
 
While in town the other day I ran into Rudy - he did not know who I was because my hair was not flying in every direction, I had my toque on.  I said, Hi Rudy - he looked at me puzzled - I replied, horseshoe lady - oh yes, he said, now I know.    I explained that anytime he would like to replinish my horseshoes, sure - come forth.  But this time you will receive a rodeo candle complete with black cowboy hat.  ah, maybe some baking too!  He smiled, and said he would be here soon.
 
I made his rodeo candle this morning and baking I must get a move on.
 
...someday I'll go and call up Rudy
we worked together at the factory
but what could I say when he asks what's new
nothin', what's with you, nothin' much to do
 
you know that old trees just grow stronger
and old rivers grow wilder everyday
old people just grow lonesome or waiting
for someone to say
Hello In There, Hello
John Prine ~ Hello In There
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...