Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Prine ~ Sunday

On Sunday when the painters had finished up; we had a drink with them - chatted and when I saw my opportunity to Prine come-a-knockin' - I knocked!  Hello In There. . . 

Oh such fun I have.  I started the conversation 'you like music - I heard your music playing, do you know of John Prine?  Mark replies no, but I see that on your shirt, what kind of singer is he...I explained folk/country/won some Grammys', he's good.  I told of how I went to Vancouver to see him and how I met him...(do you folks remember, August 5th - teehee).  I told him, if he would like I could loan him up a cd or two of mine and he could have a listen.  He jumped at the idea, replied, I love to hear new artists - sure. 

I picked two - The Debut CD - 1971 - John Prine and In Person & On Stage 2010.  I figured that would give an opportunity to hear Prine sing in the studio and then hear some of the same songs recorded live some 39 years later.  It will be interesting to hear what painter Mark thinks of John Prine.  My guess is he is going to really enjoy him; he will want to know more about his music and of course, I'll get the lips flappin in overdrive. 

You know, I figure John Prine is a staple like flour, salt, and sugar.  Items you have to have in your household to make it a home.  I love home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...