Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lydia

Oh my word, Lydia is a fright without her hat...the wind blew it off - tossed down the way, can you see it?  That is not a rock, it is Lydia's hat.
 
She has been sad this summer, Donald is nowhere in sight.  Lydia is so strong now, her weight gain has enabled her to remain in the upright position all summer. 
 
I hug her from time to time and tell her, Donald may not be here - but Lydia - do not fret, I am.  I'll take care of you.
 
...but dreamin' just comes natural
like the first breath from a baby
like sunshine feedin' daisies
like the love hidden deep in your heart...
John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...