Wednesday, August 8, 2012

John Prine - John Who?

My word, a busy weekend, indeed.  I was able to shine on my Prine t-shirts - it was such fun.  Our community fishing derby was held this weekend, not many fish were hooked up, those fisher persons were not a happy crowd. 

My neighbor down the way has recently been told he has cancer, - sad as that is - but I bake.  I can take some baking cheer down his way and that is what I do.  I arrive at his place 'prine wear' is natural.  We chat, we laugh, we do not turn to the subject of cancer - my visit is to be a relief - a cheerful few minutes - a time for - here have some of my baking moments.

He looks at my t-shirt and asked - Who is the John guy - you are always wearing t-shirts of John something.  I laughed, I said - it is John Prine, you have probably never heard of him.  

John Who?  John Prine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...