Friday, June 15, 2012

Welcome

Welcome - my new garden stepping stone

Holy smucksville this slab of cement weighed a tonne to me.  It took everything I had in me to remove it from the van and bring it in the house.  I had to do that because I wanted to clean it before I applied 'Welcome' to it. 

I had eye-balled my spot in the flower garden and sort of did the 'level on the level' to make it not fling me when I placed my foot on it.   My word, it worked!  It is 'level on the level'. 

I wanted to place decorative items on it - hmm...Noisemaker pointed out to me - sooner or later you will trip on them and they will never be found again.  I had to agree.  So for picture takin' time ~as luck would have it~ this huge green, kind of bell bug came a crawlin' from the green plant you see in the picture.

Can you see it - it was a jing-a-lingin' to me....

Grandpa was a carpenter, he built houses, stores, and banks
Chain smoked camel cigarettes and hammered nail in planks
He was level on the level, and shaved even every door
And voted for Eisenhower 'cause Lincoln won the war
John Prine 




No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...