Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pink Columbine 2012

One of my favorite flowers - Pink Columbine

I thought today I best take a photo before the deer come and dine on it. 

Yesterday morning when I was spending porch time; I guess it was around 5:15 a.m. - I was sitting with peace, just enjoying my coffee, cigarette, and nature.  I turned my head to look towards the creek...holy smucksville, there is a deer standing no more than two feet from where I was perched.  I thought to myself, do not move - you will alarm it.  So I sat there, trying to be calm - it wandered by like I was not even there.

Today it is a beautiful day on the mountain side.  The creek is thundering, one of the highest levels we have seen in a few years.  We are in no danger of flooding, we are not level here; we slope towards the creek.  With that, I must depart and go visit the creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...