Sunday, April 1, 2012

You Never Can Tell

The other night I was listening to CBC radio, a program titled Vinyl Tap hosted by Randy Bachman (Bachman Turner Overdrive).  The program was about songs that cross over from country to rock/rock to country. 

Generally speaking I rarely hear any songs by John Prine on the radio let alone hear his name.  Well, giggle giggle - Randy starts talking about the song You Never Can Tell - says several people have recorded it; John Prine.  I was thrilled to hear those words.  I figured for sure he would play it by John Prine; but he did not - he played it by Emmy Lou Harris and a version by Chuck Berry.

Only 33 more wake ups before the John Prine concert in Vancouver.  I was chatting with my brother yesterday, he is so happy for me that I get to see John Prine again.  As he says...it goes to show you never can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...