Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Goddess of Prine

Way too far off funny.  I was outside early this morning, a beautiful day indeed.  The sunshine is warm, a great Easter Sunday.  I wear my cleats still on my boots, because there is still freezing temperatures at night. The geese were flying by - Happy Easter Geese.  Happy Easter my four legged love, Happy Easter Everyone!  Then Prine mode comes....

I looked at the big snow bank, thought to myself, I am going to try and walk this.  It Worked!  I was a goddess of Prine singing Paradise.  I flung my arms up wide like the picture everyone remembers from Titanic.  I said, jesus - I am a goddess, I can walk on water.  Frozen water that is; but it works.  I started to sing Paradise; confusion sets in with the Missing Years...what do you want to be when you grow up...jesus said god.

I said - holy smucksville I am the goddess of Prine, I am walking on water, continue to sing Prine; when suddenly I noticed my seasonal neighbor walking down the street.  She says to me, we can hear you singing.  I replied, that is a John Prine song...her reply John Who, I said, oh no - not John Who - his name is John Prine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...