Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Power On - Power Off

For two days we have been in a tangle with the wind.  It has been so fierce here the wind nearly took my skyward.  Trees are falling on the power lines; they seem to get one cleaned up only to have two more fall down.

There is nothing more that can elevate my blood pressure than that of not having power.  When the power goes out on the mountain side, we have no water.  Thankful we do have a generator.  Noisemaker and I can spin into action with seconds of the power going out.  Fetching electrical cords, hooking everything up so that we can run the deep freeze and the refrigerator. 

Prior to the power going out yesterday, I was able to bake up some cupcakes for the Bingo Game tonight.  Orange cupcakes with Buttercream Icing.  Oh, that Buttercream Icing - heck I could eat that right out of the tub, it is delicious. 

I took some cupcakes over for my neighbor; his eyes were a-gleamin'.  Today, I deliver the balance of the cupcakes to the hall for the big game tonight.  I'll take the opportunity to do some lip flappin' and of course, tell everyone how I am going to see John Prine in Vancouver on May 5th with Naj and Brett.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...