Friday, December 23, 2011

A John Prine Christmas

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Too funny, today I was listening to A John Prine Christmas.  The last song ~A John Prine Christmas.  John speaks of his childhood years, his christmas creditials, and his love for christmas.  He speaks into Away In A Manger.  In my brain - the light bulb lit up, brightly!

When I was six years old, in grade one my teacher telephoned my Mom to ask if I would be comfortable with singing Away In A Manger on stage, by myself.  My Mom said sure.  I went on stage, I stood on the 'x'.  I started to sing.  I saw my Mom and Dad in the audience...I did not quit singing - I simply raised my left hand - shoulder height and waved.  Today that is now the paradise wave.  Who the heck would have thought! 

Now, I have some of the dots connected - thank you, Johnny! 
HO HO HO

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...