Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Singing Mailman Delivers ~ John Prine

How Exciting!  I am so Prine thrilled, I think I may have to latch on to a depends.  I love the titled of this new cd - reminds me so much of my brother - a retired mailman - who did sing on his route, he sang the songs of John Prine.  My Noisemaker got me this for my birthday - it is near two months away - but eh, who cares - it is John Prine!

Spoke with a nice gentleman at Oh Boy - John was his name.  Oh, I had to flutter a bit, but it was not John Prine.  I was actually hoping to talk to Nick - ah, Nick/John does not matter - the double cd and t-shirt will be coming via Canada Post. 

My Noisemaker now has his legal issues dealt with.  All he has to deal with is me - I have a good supply of flingers stocked up and yes, I will use.  Knock some sense in his head when he wanders off into parts unknown.  Like Linda did when she went to Mars.  Linda was the name of Noisemakers' first wife - she flew on to Mars on a regular basis. 

Of all my happy notes today, I must post that tomorrow will be 8 years since my hero past away, my Dad.  We had our disagreements - for sure, but I miss him very much and I will always love him.  He will always be my hero.  Bert Traxler ~ March 1920 - October 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...