Monday, December 20, 2010

Smucksville

The moon is changing. The mood of folks is changing. Honestly, folks - I do not want to join up with Linda on Mars, but I think my noisemaker should. He went into such a rage this morning.

Living rural, you have to do much via the telephone. Certainly, you can email. I am making reference to purchases. We cannot do this on line - we are on dial up. Everything that could have went wrong, went wrong this morning. Oh, I feel for those folks that are fighting wars that should not be. However, I feel I went through a war this morning. It is peaceful now.

I will relay to you, just one of my problems this morning ~ as many of you know Charlene Stevenson is an acquaintance of mine - oh alas - we went to see John Prine in October 2009.

Today, I received an informant card, - a parcel is at the Post Office. The card I received is addressed to:

C. Stevenson
**** Boulanger Road
*******, BC, ******
Canada

I called to Canada Post, only because I had checked the telephone book to fine that C. Stevenson does resides in a village 100 miles north of where I reside. Furthermore, there is a **** Boulanger Road, located 10 miles away. Now, I have a card, a number. I explain to Canada Post, give what is address on the card. I give my name, my address - and ask one simple question - is the parcel address to (say my name, my address) and is from (say) Madison, Wisconsin.

Bonus, all is correct! To confirm, I must relay 3 digits from the card I receive.

I was so frustrated by the events of the morning and obviously so was the postal clerk - I let well enough alone.

We will attend to the pick up of the parcels - oh, eh - we had two. Smucksville, thank god - the other was correctly addressed to the noisemaker.

SLUAPO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...