Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Shameless Flirt!


We had to travel to the village yesterday, the van had to be repaired and we had to get some groceries. Coupon heaven, I was in. I love my coupons. I try hard to stretch that dollar as far as it will go. Sometimes the cashiers are truly amazed at my coupons. Many times the folks behind me in line are frustrated; thinking to themselves - ah, this stupid woman and her coupons. It does take all kinds to make the world go around.


While grocery shopping, two men winked at me! That is right - me! I could not believe it; I have not been winked at in years. I wrote it all down as a good hair day and the progress of man!


...then the coal company came with the worlds' largest shovel

and they tortured the timber and left all the land

well, they dug for their coal til the land was forsaken

then they wrote it all down as the progress of man


and daddy won't you take me back to Mulhenburg County

down by the Green River where Paradise lay

well, I am sorry my son - but you're too late in asking

Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away
John Prine - Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...