Thursday, October 14, 2010

6 million 7 hundred, 33 lights on!

Geez, how I dislike not being able to post a picture along with the post. That is the way it must be for awhile. I enjoy to post my own pictures, my life on the mountain.

I have a terrible head cold, lord have mercy - I have not had a cold in well over 7 years. Broken bones, but not one cold. I think my head has caused me weight gain. I have so much fluid floating around up there - smucksville. Everybody gets these head colds - you know you cannot breathe at night. I slather myself up with Vicks - I love Vicks. I tried to sleep comfortably, but it was not really meant to be. I had endless dreams and was up and down blowing my delicate nose. (teehee). At about 1 a.m. my neighbors sensor lights came on - good lord - it is Las Vegas. They light up the sky; heck I could take a book out to the porch and read.

This morning, first light I went outside to make sure everything is as it should be next door. A big huge heron flew near 3 feet from my head. Those darn lights go on. All those lights do is scare the heck out of the animals. Then I started to sing:

6 million 7 hundred 33 lights on
You think that people would listen to the words of
Johnnys' songs

Then, I laughed. It struck me funny. Here I am in the middle of nowever, singing about lights. Herons are flappin' their wings to get out of here and I am flappin' my lips singing a Prine song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...