Friday, September 24, 2010

Kokanee Spawn

Before my digital lost a digit I was able to take this photo of the kokanee fish spawning creekside. It is a wonderful site to see, a site of nature at its' finest.

The creek today has about 30 dead kokanee; the eagles and the rest of the birds are feasting kokanee delight!

The kokanee spawn generally begins around mid September; goes for about two weeks.

I could spend all day at the creek watching the spawn. When they do the turtle dove; side by side - well, you just do not see that everyday.

I forgot to mention because I got wrapped up in Bruce Springsteen's birthday - September 23rd was our 5 year anniversary for living mountain side. I am surprised I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...