Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

To all my guy friends out there, Happy Father's Day!

I miss my Dad - he past away in October of 2003. Geez, we had a great time together, he was a very good Dad. What I miss most besides the time I spent with my Dad, is the talking of politics. We could jabber forever on politicking.

My Dad would always let me try things - like re-wiring my 1969 Volvo or putting in a new floor. He would sit there and tell me what to do, I would do it, and oh boy did I learn! He would teach me plumbing - he was a plumber/pipefitter by trade. My brothers were not really interested in the trade thing, but I sure was. I remember when I came home from school one day and announced I am taking woodworking. Both my Dad and Mom just thought...oh well, that is Bev - let her go. I came home with a beautiful teak coffee table. They were impressed.

My Dad is my hero - he always will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...