Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No 9 Pound Hammer 4 Me

It will be some weeks before I can swing the 9 pounder with the left hand. I was to the doctor/therapist today and I am healing well. I was able to see the xrays today - smucksville - what a sight. The bone located on the farthest left part of the left wrist was shattered; to the farthest right that bone was broken too, but not as shattered as the farthest left. Hope that makes sense. Each screw is about 4" long that will be removed in two weeks. I have four screws.

There is no plate. My wrist was too small for screws and a plate. teehee. Dr Nic says it will hurt when the screws are removed- I laughed and told him that is why they invented whiskey!

I received new bandages for the cast today - geez, it is dazzling. I have exercises to do at home, I tried to do some - yikers it hurts. There will be no treatment for the right wrist until the left wrist is fully operational.

Yep, the nine pound hammer is a bit too heavy, buddy - for my size - buddy for my size.

Nine Pound Hammer - John Prine

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...