Friday, January 22, 2010

Where Do I Begin. . .

...where do i begin to tell the story...
[theme from love story]

some of you reading this will know a member of my prine flock is no longer with us; but is in spirit.

tom reynolds passed away. when i get the right photo i am going to post my time with tom reynolds. my tribute - tsk tsk not our time in jail.

as the news of tom's passing was processing, my telephone rang - a second later - a knock at the door. noisemaker got the door, i got the telephone.

on the telephone was another one of the prine flock - skunkeyejan. we cried. at the door was a lady from the auxiliary. i explained to sej, i must go - we will talk later. i recoup, regain and go to greet my visitor. she has in hand what you see in the photo - one pink rose in a lil bird vase.

i think of one red rose - john prine. i think how thoughtful this is of the auxiliary to bring me one pink rose. i think how special life is, i hold back my tears.

this morning i telephoned the lady that brought the flower arrangement, i explain - my prine friend just passed away - i was speaking with another prine friend on the telephone. she replies to me - well, i do not know prine - what is that? I explain about john prine. she relays condolences - she too, knew - the moon is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...