Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Baking Boxes

I make up christmas baking boxes for a few of my neighbors here on the mountain side. I generally include butter tarts, various cookies (chocolate chip, peanut butter, and sugar cookies with icing and decorative sugars). I add candies and a card. The box is well received. I have two more boxes to deliver tomorrow and then my christmas baking delivery is done.

For those who do not fancy to make butter tarts - here is a recipe for Butter Tart Squares.

1 cup Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Butter, room temperature (do not use margarine)

TOPPING

2 tbsp Butter, melted
2 Eggs
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
1 cup Raisins/Currants
1/2 cup Nuts (pecans/walnuts or a combination of)

In bowl combine flour, sugar, and butter. Press into cake 8"/9" cake pan.

Topping: Mix together butter and eggs. Blend in sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Stir in raisins/currants and nuts. Bake 350F for 20-25 minutes. Makes 16 squares. Freezes well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...