Monday, September 14, 2009

One Month From Today

Yes, one month from today, if all goes according to plan, I should be flocking off the mountain side and making my way to Vancouver to meet up with Charlene. We have some lil incidental concert we are attending on Friday, October 16th, 2009. That would be JOHN PRINE!

I pick up my bus ticket this Wednesday - smucksville, I will be so excited!

Today, I leaped on into the van to travel down to the general store. I turned on the radio only to hear the voice of Neil Young (Downtown). Next song was Bruce Springsteen (The Rising). I thought to myself could possibly this radio station get it right and play me a John Prine for the third song. I find it monumental to have the three of them together. Ah, but my wish was not granted. Not that the next song was bad, but it was not John Prine. I would have thought I hit the mother lode if I heard all three together one after another...songs, I mean. Do you know, I have never heard John Prine on any radio station. I must be the only Prine fan out there who has yet to hear him on the radio.

As always, John Prine was a big hit in Kansas City. My friends enjoyed the new friendships they made and the concert, of course, was icing on the cake. BBB had a front row seat and believes John Prine winked at her. I should check out the Pampers aisle because if I get a front row seat in Vancouver and believe to see John Prine a-winkin' at me - smucksville - I'd pee myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...