Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Mountain Side

My days of peace and solitude are coming to an end, the noisemaker comes home tomorrow. I have quite enjoyed my time alone, I did what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. I did not clean up like I generally do. I listened to cds endlessly. I did not have to shovel snow like the last time noisemaker departed. I only had one incident with the bathtub drain, it plugged. However, with the experience I have in the field of plumbing, I was able to clear the drain. Naturally, after I did that I thought ...hmm...what is this thing? I unscrewed the panel and saw that it was a drain pipe, like coming from the kitchen. Lord have mercy was that thing filthy. Yikers. I cleaned it all up, screwed the panel plate thing back on, all is well in the field of drains/plumbing.

I had one night where the ghosts came to visit, I could hear them 500 miles away in every direction. I turned the television on. The next night at 1:30 a.m. I heard the roar of harleys thundering down the road. I got up and peeked out the window and they are congregated up there looking at the map of our area. Not that I could see them, but I could see the area and the lights shining. I figured they must be lost and have stopped to try to find their way. Then, I thought to myself - if it was daytime, I would run on up there and tell them 'you are on my bucket list - here's the deal'...... One day, I will ride a harley, one day.

Some days I quite enjoy living on the mountain side, it is very peaceful and a very different life style. Even though I have never been a shopper, there are days I would love to go to a Walmart. I would love to go to McDonalds and have a quarter pounder with cheese (no onions) and french fries. I yearn to go to a craft shop. Living on the mountain side, well, you tend to invent things, simple things. Talking to the animals, I love doing that. I sing to them too - they seem to enjoy it. There are lots of rocks, I hunt for rock hearts, agates. I must try to see about purchasing a rock polisher, I have lots of rocks in glass jars and baskets. They are just a picture of love and it warms my heart everytime I look at them. I have my wood project - I was varnishing them up the other day and a big gust of wind came and blew my locks right into the freshly varnished piece of wood. Good lord - I ripped my hair from the wood piece and thought that is enough for today (next time braid the locks).

Of course, with the upcoming John Prine concert in Vancouver - well, smucksville not a day (or should I say a hour) goes by where I do not thing about going down the mountain to attend the concert and to meet Charlene. As my brother put it; this is your event of the year, enjoy it! 21 more days from tomorrow, there we'll be, Prine-ing. I'll be doing the Paradise Wave, Charlene will be swinging here pendants, (see special sites) note taking. It is all very exciting for me.

Certainly, I have missed the noisemaker - but just not that much. The four walls we call a home will be a flurry of activity when they arrive tomorrow. My stepson and grandson will leave for their home soon thereafter. My noisemaker will turn on the television, he will curse as he always does. I will sit down here, as I always do and life will go on as it does, on the mountain side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...