Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Dear Cow Friends

Geez, these heathens, I tell you there must have been a hundred of them roaming here between yesterday afternoon and this morning. When they thunder down the path, lordy, it feels like an earthquake hit. The black heathen in the picture, well after I took the photo he thunder on up the path; after that the cows came in from every direction possible. Needless to say, I got the heck out of there as quickly as my feet could travel. I took shelter up on the deck hollering for my noisemaker to get outside, come quick, the heathens are everywhere.

This morning around 4:30 a.m. - what do I hear....moooo, moooo. Good lord. I went outside at first light and looked at the beautiful rounds of you know what that they left for me. Later, noisemaker came outside to survey the sight and step right in a big one! I laughed and promptly went and got the hose for him to wash his boots off.

The cows here are free range, thus meaning from May to around end of September or so, they roam freely - there go everywhere - roads, yards. I tell you some of them are huge. I feel like I am as big as a cows' ear. I was reading somewhere in England, a lady was actually kill by a cow. Then, there is the bulls. Lord, I run quickly away from them big heathens and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they have that ring in there nose. I must inquire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...