Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Mom

It will be ten years ago tomorrow since my Mom departed. She was a good Mom, she treasured me and loved the spunk I have. Two days prior to her departure she called me up and said to me, ok - I am ready to go, I am just getting the last of my ducks in order and here is what you have to do. Tell them folk no charity giving here, I want flowers and lots of them. The boys will not know where to look for the dress I want to be buried in so call them up and give them the instructions for all. Naturally, I did and the brothers got it all right, with the exception of one thing. Lipstick. My Mom always wore lipstick. When we went as a family to see her - noisemaker and I were the first to enter. I looked down at my peaceful Mom and thought oh god, the undertaker did not put her lipstick on. I said, oh my - noisemaker - go out to the van get my lipstick, I'll get the undertaker. I told the undertaker, she needs her lipstick -may I? He said, sure and asked me was I ok to do that? I replied you come with me - we will do it together and that I did not want my Dad and brothers to see her without her lipstick. We got the lipstick on, it was a pretty pink shade, it matched the pink in her dress. I knew she was pleased. The service was beautiful with laughs and tears.

I miss and love you everyday. Thank you for being my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...