Thursday, May 21, 2009

Best Beef Stew Ever

I served this recently - when my stepsons/grandkids came to visit. It was the first time I had made it and I was not sure how it would be received. I like to test recipes out on the noisemaker and myself before serving to others. This was a big hit. The preparation is a snap because you do not have to brown the meat - the cans of soup make the gravy.

3 lbs. boneless inside round (or blade or chuck) Steak, trimmed of fat and cubed
6 medium Carrots, cut into chunks
1 medium Onion, cut into chunks
4 medium Potatoes, cut into chunks

1 can (10 oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can (10 oz) Tomato Soup
1/2 cup Water

Place first four ingredients in the slow cooker. Everyone has to have a slow cooker - I have two!

Combine both soups and water in small bowl, whisk until well blended - pour over beef/vegetable mixture.

Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. Serve with a loaf of homemade bread and have Unturtle Bars for dessert.

Now, if you do not have a slow cooker - well get one. Follow the recipe as directed - bake in a medium roaster or a 4 quart casserole dish at a 325F oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours until beef is very tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...