Saturday, March 21, 2009

What Is Wrong With This Picture?

This is just too funny - the other day I was walking down the path and I noticed that our seasonal neighbors' chimney seemed to be on a slant. I went outside a few hours later and, yes, the chimney is sitting at near a 90 degree slant. I called up to the noisemaker (Gary) and asked did he think he could make it outside to have a look. He did and could not believe his eyes.

As you can see in the picture (look in the middle of the picture on the roof top - looks like the end of a cannon) the chimney is near laying on the roof of the cabin. With the weight of the snow the chimney did not stand a chance to remain in an upright position.

I emailed my neighbor who lives a six hour drive south and told him his chimney is not in good standing with our small community. I explained further and this afternoon the neigbhor shows up ready to dismantle the chimney. All is well in chimney land. A new chimney will be erected come summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...